Thursday, April 12, 2012

Not my Shoes...

Have you ever found yourself trying to fit into something that you are not?? Have you ever thought that life would be better if...? Ever wish your kids would behave the way so and so's kids behaved? Ever think that a little more money might solve it? Ever try that new parenting trick hoping it would bring peace into your home?
We look silly when we try to stand under these ideals. The list goes on and on of who the world tells us we need to be. If we were to do it all we would be crazy!

But it was our choice to step into those shoes in the first place. God never asked us to take these burdens upon ourselves. Maybe we thought it would look good. Maybe we thought we would be able to move further along in life if we stepped into these. Or maybe we saw another we respect and admire walk around in these shoes.
I am so thankful for a God of grace! A God who encourages us to step out of these ridiculously huge boots that were never meant to house our feet! And in the same way that we stepped into these shoes, we have to also be willing to step out of them.
Oh, He is faithful to help us get back on the right track. He will even help to lift us out of theses boots. He even knows exactly what will fit us and allow us to run in the way and direction He created for us! It may not be the latest fashion and they may cause a blister or two at the start, but after time we will see that there could not be a better fit!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, ans I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."
Philippians 3: 20-21

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
Psalm 143:8-10

No comments: