Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No Sugar Update

We are doing well in this area.  We have had sugar a few times but are still just trying to be mindful of not having it.  We have noticed that Haddie's yeast infection is getting lots better and will still try to keep her on a very low sugar diet until we see that she can maintain this.  It has been hard for her at times and yet I have noticed that she has adapted quite well.  No longer does she ask for sweets all the time.  Go Haddie Go!

I am also doing well.  It was really an eye opening experience to see how many sweets I really eat.  Sure I eat plenty of greens and veggies but I still had more sweets than an occasional treat!  I was really addicted to sugar.  I have been a bit relaxed over the past few days but I am going to see if I can continue to go no sweets route through June.  I am finding that I am not as hungry as when I first started this and I am just making better choices with foods.  I am also down a few pounds and up on muscle mass.  The only downside for me is that I just pulled a muscle and I will have to put working out on hold for the next 48 hours.  Overall I am pleased and feeling much better with more energy!

No comments: