Monday, March 7, 2011

Back Again...and Michael is in India

Wow! I can't believe how long it has been since I posted anything. Many things have changed since then. The most exciting is that we are expecting baby number 2! I am 30 weeks along and we are all so excited to meet this little baby.

I am also now teaching natural childbirth through Bradley. I am doing my student teaching right now and so far I really enjoy it. We will see what it will be like with two little ones.

While the top two have kept me more busy, the real reason I am back is that my computer is fixed and and I am finally able to type without my screen going black! What a joy! With Michael in India I thought it would be good to get started again so that he has an easy way to see some pics of Haddie. While he is gone I try to do some extra fun things to help pass the time along for her (and me). The older she gets (she will be 2 at the end of this month) the more aware she is of his absence. If I keep her busy she doesn't think to ask for him until the evening when it is time for her to go to bed.


Good morning Daddy!! Guess what mom made for me this morning???

Teddy Bear Pancakes!

If you guys are like us, mornings can be a bit of a crazy time. We try to eat a healthy diet but it can be hard to make everything homemade in the morning. So, I came up with this Pancake Mix. This serves as a great base and then you can add other things to mix in and change it up!

Whole Wheat Pancake Mix

6 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 TBSP Salt
6 TBSP Baking Powder
6 TBSP Sugar (can do less if you want to)
2 Cups Powder Milk

Mix base together and store in an airtight container (I added the following instructions to my jar so that I didn't have to look it up in the morning).

Add to 1.5 Cups of mix

1 Egg
1 Cup Water
2TBSP Oil

Favorite things to mix in (Pick only one dry ingredient):

Oat Bran (1/2 cup)
Brewers Yeast (1 TBSP)
Oatmeal (1/2 cup)
Wheat Germ (1/4 cup)
1 Mashed Banana
1 Cup frozen berries
3/4 cup small diced apples and some cinnamon

Get creative...you get the idea! Enjoy!


I leave you with a special video of Haddie dancing. If you listen carefully you can hear her saying "God so great!" It was so precious to hear! At the end you can tell that her daddy travels a fair bit. She is not sure where he is (his last trip was to Portland and her uncle Ben is in Honduras).



3 comments:

yeamansfamily said...

Oh my goodness, i cannot believe how BIG she is!!!! i just randomly checked your blog - so fun to see her. i hope you're feeling great, lindsey! praying over your pregnancy and this sweet new kaspar life. :)

Unknown said...

I want to show ALL my friends! She is so adorable! I LOVE her so much! Give her a big hug from Grandma!

Sarah Joyner said...

Hey Lindsey,
Remembered you had a post about a travel bed and was checking your blog and found this one. . . I love Haddie's dancing and singing! So much freedom! Hope you are doing well. How's little one on the way? Thinking about and praying for you all!