Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long Night - Fun Day



After a LONG night (only 4 hours of sleep) I decided that I needed to at least get one thing done during the day. Room of choice...the Master bathroom. Here are some before pictures.

Thankfully Grandma Susan (Washington) sent a package which had a puppet for Haddie to play with. I was very thankful for the time to clean and organize. Haddie enjoyed her time with the bunny.

I am very pleased with the end result. Even though I have not really decorated it, everything is put away and I can find what I need each morning. A huge bonus when I am trying to get out the door with Michael not here to help.



Haddie and I ended our day with a coffee date with Jill McAfee at Starbucks. It was a much needed break from the house and a very special time of fellowship. Even though we were supposed to get together for coffee right after Haddie was born, I think God knew that I was going to need it today!!!
Well...I hope that tonight I am able to get some more sleep. I think Haddie is missing her daddy. She knows that something is not quite right and had a much harder time at night. Michael normally does her night time routine. Please pray for her (and for me) as we work through this rough evenings. On top of that I think that she is teething. All that combined with a VERY strong will makes for some tough nights. God is faithful to meet us where we are and to give us the strength that we need to get through each day. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Everything looks so great Linds. So proud of you and how you're continuing to press on in the midst of little sleep and only one parent at home. much love from Germany!

Jamie said...

We'll pray for you while Michael is gone! I know how hard that is!
Haddie is adorable.
Love,
David, Jamie and Elijah Voss
ps- I didn't know you had a blog!

Lindsey said...

Hey Jamie! What is your new address???? I have a little something for Elijah that I bought when he was born! Haaa! I guess that is life with a baby. I hope it will still fit him.