Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm One!

Special birthday dress picked out by Great Grandpa Bruun
A quick post to give an update on Hadassah's stats. We all went to visit the doctor today for Hadassah's one year check-up. All was well (as we knew).

Her weight: 20 lbs. 8 oz (40%)
Her height: 29 1/2 inches (64%)
Her head circumference (last one they will take): 17 1/2 inches (31%)

Michael and I continue to notice how much she is leaning out. She keeps getting longer and not gaining as much weight. Her cloth diapers keep her looking chubby! SO cute!

She is still nursing 4 times a day, although I think she might drop to 3 times soon. She has been give the okay to eat anything (which really only means adding honey and peanut butter) and so far we have not had any issues. It has been interesting to read up on the whole "when to introduce foods to your baby" issue. They are beginning to think that it is best to introduce most foods to babies at a younger age as opposed to waiting until a specific age. Seriously, lets think about it. Do you ever go to a third world country and see kids with special foods and diets??? No, they just eat the food that they can! I think if we would all relax we would see that our kids would do just fine with a HEALTHY BALANCED diet. I am all about monitoring what they eat and allowing them to slowly get used to food but if I lived overseas right now there would be no telling what Haddie would have already eaten by now and I am sure she would be just fine.

So...more to come on the whole birthday bash soon - I need to upload some video. I wanted to be sure to get this up before life got going too fast again.


No comments: