Monday, March 22, 2010

From Infant to Toddler



Over the past few days I have noticed that Hadassah is really stepping out of the "infant" season and is moving toward the "toddler" stage. How exciting to see her grow and change each day. Here are a few examples. While I am not holding my breath, it seems as if Haddie is beginning to learn how to use the toilet. I have only had to change one dirty diaper over the past 5 days! Yep - she is going in the toilet!!! Now, I still have wet diapers to change but we are moving in a new and exciting direction!

Tonight while we were waiting for our dinner to cook I decided to read to Hadassah. However, she had other plans! As she squirmed out of my lap she went over and picked up her sandals and brought them back to me! I asked if she wanted to go outside and her immediate smile let me know that I had guessed correctly!
While we were on our walk (down the driveway) she did something new. She noticed something specific and paused to stop and look at it. She then picked it up and decided that this would be a perfect little treasure! It was such a joy to watch her discover the world around her - and her trying to figure out how she could hold onto my hands and her little treasure at the same time!
Here is an up close of her treasure!
It won't be long and she will be running down the driveway and through the yard. For now I am VERY content with her slower pace at life.
Haddie is definitely hitting those special milestones all the time. One very special one is coming up! Her 1st Birthday! I can't believe that she is almost one. It really has gone by so quickly. Having jaw surgery, moving, and Michael changing jobs definitely helped the year move by fast! I am in awe of how much Hadassah has grown up this year. While we were chilling in bed this morning I turned on a clip of her as a newborn. She sat there quietly next to me and watched the "baby" on the screen. Hard to believe they are one in the same!
For her birthday (and the ones to follow) I am making a birthday banner. Here is the first peak at it! I will be sure to post more as I work on it. Should be fun!




































No comments: